Fisheries Observer duties include: documenting catch size and composition, verifying fishing locations, collecting biological samples, monitoring compliance to fishery regulations, and describing fishing and processing techniques within a comprehensive trip report. Vessels range in length from 40 feet to over 100 feet.
- Location: 10 Austin Street suite 102 St. John’s, NLA1B 4C2On the road job
- Salary: $180.00 to $250.00 DAY daily for 1 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Seasonal employment
- On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined
- Start date: Start date 2022-04-04
- Vacancies: 12 vacancies
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
- Specific Skills
- Present evidence in court
- Monitor legal fish season
- Inspect fish catch for size
- Check registrations and licences of fishing vessels
- Inspect fishing gear and equipment
- Area of Work Experience
- Renewable resources
- Habitat management
- Fishing industry
- Work Fields Experience
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check;
- Work Site Environment
- In/on water;
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Willing to travel regularly; Travel expenses paid by employer;
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Tight deadlines;
- Work Location Information
- Various locations;
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Judgement; Reliability; Organized;
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting was posted directly by the employer on Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.