A nail technician is a beauty specialist who is responsible for the grooming and appearance of a client’s fingernails and toenails. He or she provides manicures, pedicures, nail shaping, cuticle grooming, callus removal, synthetic nail treatments, and application of nail polish for their clients. Also known as manicurists or pedicurists, nail technicians provide manicures, pedicures, and various nail treatments based on clients’ nail care needs and preferences. They are either self-employed or work in salons, spas, barbershops or nail studios.
We are looking to hire a detail-orientated nail technician to provide clients with high-quality manicures, pedicures, and nail treatments. The nail technician’s responsibilities include welcoming and greeting clients, ordering new nail supplies as needed, and answering clients’ nail-related questions. You should also be able to build and maintain relationships with clients to encourage repeat nail appointments.
To be successful as a nail technician, you should maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation at all times. Ultimately, an outstanding nail technician should be able to keep abreast of the latest nail products, trends, and techniques to ensure that clients are satisfied with the services provided.
- Location: Kamloops, BC
- Salary: $16.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
Nail Technician Responsibilities:
- Providing high-quality manicures and pedicures, which includes removing old nail polish from fingernails and toenails, cleaning nails, shaping the ends of nails, pushing back cuticles, and applying new polish based on clients’ preferences.
- Applying artificial nails.
- Recommending various nail designs and nail art to clients.
- Evaluating the condition of clients’ nails and advising them on proper nail care and suitable nail care treatments.
- Sanitizing all nail instruments and equipment before each use.
- Ensuring that workstations are kept clean and orderly.
- Ensuring that nail and massage supplies are adequately stocked.
- Providing quality hand and foot massages.
Nail Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- State manicurist/cosmetologist license.
- Proven experience working as a nail technician.
- In-depth knowledge of manicure and pedicure techniques.
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Detail-orientated and patient.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
3 years to less than 5 years
- Esthetics Skills
- Foot massage
- Eyebrow tinting
- Area of Work Experience
- Nail and lashes applicator
- Additional Skills
- Provide product demonstrations
- Work Setting
- Esthetician’s salon
- Beauty shop or aesthetic service
- Manicurists and Pedicurists Skills
- Clean, trim and polish nails
- Provide gel and acrylic nail extensions
- Nail art technics
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination;
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized;
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
236-425-2268 Between 02:00 PM and 03:00 PM
1320 Trans-Canada Hwy W suite 259B
1320 Trans-Canada Hwy W suite 259B
V1S 1J2 Between 12:00 PM and 02:00 PM
Important notice: This job posting was posted directly by the employer on Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.